Exchange students

Students coming from one of our European Erasmus+ partners or from universities with whom we have bilateral agreements around the world are eligible for an exchange placement. Please check our list of Partner Institutions.




During the theoretical phase, students being to develop fundamental expertise in the real estate sector, and, more specifically, in the service professions of the sector: co-ownership property management, management and transactions, supported by Groupe ESPI’s professional contributors from the construction industry.



Application procedure

Contact your home university to learn more about exchange selection & nomination process. Make sure to check the available course list to confirm it matches with your home university’s academic requirements.

Once we receive an official nomination from your home University we will contact you with detailed instructions on the application procedure.

All the application documents need to be sent directly to the International Relations Coordinator of Groupe ESPI.

Application deadline for fall semester: 15th of May

Application documents

Documents you will need to enclose to your application:
1) Application form
2) Copy of a valid passport or EU ID card
3) Copy of all previous official transcripts in English or French
4) Copy of an English or French language proficiency test (B2 level), for non-native speakers only
5) Photo – Passport size
6) Learning Agreement

Programme information

International students enrolled in our exchange Programme can select courses from our bachelor’s Real Estate Business Management programme. Students can choose between English and French taught programme.

Grading system

ECTS – The European Credit Transfer System

The ECTS system is used by universities and schools for exchange students. ECTS allows credits taken at one higher education institution to be counted towards a qualification studied for at another. When applying for an exchange programme you will need to submit a Learning Agreement.

The Learning Agreement should include all the learning outcomes the student is expected to acquire during the exchange; each course is credited with an ECTS credit. The number of ECTS credits allocated to each course unit is calculated based on the overall volume of work required for the student to meet the learning outcomes at the end of that course unit. It does not only include course attendance hours but also covers practical learning activities and the student’s personal study time.


Recognition of academic qualifications

60 ECTS credits represent the workload for one academic year and, therefore, as a general rule, 30 ECTS credits are equivalent to one semester of study. ECTS credits, indicate the required workload to complete a study programmeme, or a module within a study programmeme. ECTS points only indicate workload; they do not indicate a grade.

The Transcript of Records will only be sent to the International Office of the home university up to 6 weeks after final exams.

Only the courses included in the Learning agreement will appear on the official Transcript of Records.


The ECTS grading scale at ESPI

A Excellent 18 -20
B Very good 16 – 17
C Good 14 – 15
D Satisfactory 12 – 13
E Sufficient 10 – 11
F Fail < 10
Student VISA

For students coming from the European Union, a valid national identity card or passport will suffice. Students from countries outside the European Union must bring a valid passport. In some cases, a VISA will also be required. Please contact your local French Embassy or Campus France.

More information is available on the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.


The Group has set up partnerships to help you find accommodation. For more information, please refer to the Housing partners section.

There are a range of accommodation options available (private housing, shared accommodation, hostels, student residence, etc.), you just need to decide which solution suits your needs and budget. Please note that renting a room in a private house or shared accommodation are the most suitable solutions for students on tight budgets.

If you need to book temporary accommodation when travelling to France this summer, you can do so via the Crous de Paris website (organisation under the authority of the French Ministry of Education) or via the FIAP website (Foyer International d’Accueil de Paris), set up with the aim of welcoming international students.

Lastly, Groupe ESPI also provides support with booking private accommodation in student residences. If you require further information or need help for booking your accommodation, please contact us at:

In all cases, whether renting in Paris or elsewhere, students who sign a formal rental lease for a room with a minimum surface area of 9m² are eligible for a housing allowance from the government. However, your application must be completed and accepted in order to receive this support. Depending on the accommodation you are looking for, you can run a simulation of your entitlements on the Caisse d’Allocations Familiales (CAF) website.


Useful links

Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris

Le Bon Coin

Lokaviz –




La carte des colocs


Health and insurance

Medical services

In France, you are free to choose the doctor you wish. It is easy to make an appointment online at Doctolib

Students who are EU citizens must bring their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with them to France and provide a copy of it to the International Relations Office before the start of semester. With your EHIC card, you will have access to public healthcare while in France, and will be reimbursed at the national Social Security rate for any fees you must pay.

If you are a European citizen but have a private insurance instead of an EHIC, your policy must provide full coverage for medical risks without cost restrictions. You will still receive medical treatment in France whenever you need it, but you may have to pay for it up front and submit a claim for reimbursement later.

Students who are not EU citizens and are participating in programmes that last for 4 month or more are required to register for social security which is free and mandatory. You may do so through the following webpage:

More information regarding social security for foreign students can be found at Campus France website.

Students who will be participating in exchange/study abroad programme for less than four months will need to obtain medical insurance from a private insurance company.

The Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate Business Management (GESAI), a state-certified level 6 qualification, is the most comprehensive real estate training program in France. It has been no.1 in the Eduniversal ranking for 12 years. This program prepares students for a career in management, transactions, co-ownership and real estate asset management, enabling them to obtain the Management, Transaction and Trustee professional licences.